Why am I not seeing email and message notifications??

A

AC Question

Hi--I've searched through some Q&A, made sure notifications are all turned on, but I CANNOT figure out why I am not seeing email notifications pop up on my screen. I get the vibration and sound notification but nothing shows on the screen. I'd like to see which emails are arriving so I can determine whether I need to actually go into my email. It's annoying to have to exit my current app to check emails unnecessarily.
Any tips??
Thanks!

BBIronMan

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
So, if I understand you correctly, the notification audio and vibration work but the notification bar does not show the Gmail icon? For that matter - is it the Gmail app you're using? I know on a HTC Android phone I handled had an email app that the notification bar icon was an option. I imagine other apps have that too.

If it is the Gmail app that isn't showing - do you have multiple email accounts configured? Because each one has their own notification settings within the username@domain.tld option section.

The other thing to try is the inbox 'type' setting - set it to 'priority' and see if the notification show up (that's not a 'fix' but it might point toward other problems).