Notification Shade & Phone Unlock Extremely Slow (Nexus 6P Android 7.0)

A

AC Question

So I updated my N6P to 7.0 and the phone had some serious lag (even after the apps were installed). I factory reset the device and it worked great for about 3 weeks...

Now the lag is back. It's slow and laggy to unlock (fingerprint & button/pin) and the notification shade operates at about 3 fps. Everything else seems fine, except some loading of images / thumbnails on YouTube and other media apps.

I turned off battery optimization for a number of applications and processes, rebooted, cleared cache, etc. Nothing fixes the issue. It almost feels like the RAM isn't being cleared properly, but it's only using 1.5 GB of the 2.7 GB total so I'm lost.

Is anyone else having this issue and if so were you able to fix it?

Dmf326

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. I've only had this phone for two weeks and it was super snappy at first. But over the past few days I've noticed unlocking getting slower and slower. When I touch the scanner it immediately vibrates saying it read my fingerprint and then it takes sometimes over 5 seconds to open my phone. I would really like to resolve this issue.

jshawndroid

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Same issue here, I've been deleting tons of apps that I've installed or updated recently, deleting cache, rebooting, etc. I can figure out what changed, it seemed to be working great on nougat for a couple weeks on my phone.

jshawndroid

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
So I updated my N6P to 7.0 and the phone had some serious lag (even after the apps were installed). I factory reset the device and it worked great for about 3 weeks...

Now the lag is back. It's slow and laggy to unlock (fingerprint & button/pin) and the notification shade operates at about 3 fps. Everything else seems fine, except some loading of images / thumbnails on YouTube and other media apps.

I turned off battery optimization for a number of applications and processes, rebooted, cleared cache, etc. Nothing fixes the issue. It almost feels like the RAM isn't being cleared properly, but it's only using 1.5 GB of the 2.7 GB total so I'm lost.

Is anyone else having this issue and if so were you able to fix it?

I was just talking to project Fi people and they had me try my phone in safe mode, which seemed to work, I didn't have the same lag with unlocking the phone and pulling down the notification shade while in safe mode, so that means it's likely a rogue app? I've been going through my phone and deleting all my recent apps and am now trying apps one by one. I Haven't had much success yet(hundreds of apps to go through), still got the same lag when phone in normal mode, anybody able to crack what app or kind of app could be causing this?

Vyas Chady

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Dudes, N6P updated to latest Android 7, mine is using 2.7gb out of the 3gb. And I have been noticing many weird lags that was never an issue before. I have even removed almost all apps and kept the smallest bare minimum and cleared all cache etc, but still I get some lags when browsing and specially on my eBay app. Its like a lag that if I am scrolling up it would instead stroll down from time to time with is annoying. It is not the snappy phone it used to be. And I have no games, no Facebook, no Google books, no Kindle, no news apps etc. Only bare minimum.

Vaughn Pierce

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue and I went into my settings and I turned off the 'magnification gesture'. This fix the issue immediately because I had never had this problem before and I'd only just recently turned on that gesture I figured that had to have been what was causing it. I hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown