Galaxy S6 Active, BT will shut itself off after a few minutes (The first time), and then keep shutting down immediately if I try to turn it back on again. This started happening after my phone updated to 6.0.1. Never had a problem with it before.

Contacted AT&T, they had me do a few things (clear temp files/cache, reboot into safe mode, etc...) Seems to work ok in safe mode, but I can't use my phone normally this way. I tried contacting Samsung, and my phone is just outside the warranty. I've seen posts where this seems to be a somewhat common issue, and deleting the BT log file usually fixes it, but this can only be done on a rooted device (which sucks for me because there is no root (yet) for my phone).

The only other option is to factory reset my phone. I told AT&T I already did this, hoping to get a replacement, but they won't do it, so I'm stuck without BT, or having to do a factory reset. I have my phone backed up already, but won't have time to do the reset until tomorrow morning, as I'll need several hours to re-download my apps and other stuff, and reconfigure my device specific apps to my liking. And there's no guarantee that will fix the BT issue...

Looking to see if anyone has been able to fix this issue without rooting, and without a factory reset.
    09-12-2016 09:27 PM
    My S6 Edge started having the exact same issue. Were you able to find a solution to your problem? I found that restarting my phone will fix it temporarily. I have not found a permanent solution.
    01-13-2017 07:21 AM
    I'm having the same issue with my AT&T Note 5. It just started after the update and I've cleared all the cash and everything. The first time I cleared the cash my Bluetooth worked for about an hour and then cut itself back off again. Now after I clear the cache it won't even turn back on.
    01-26-2017 09:55 PM