Lg g5 gow do i take off the screen overlay

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I am assuming that you are getting a message like "Screen Overlay Detected" while trying to do something. A "Screen Overlay" is when an app is allowed to draw "on top of" other apps' screens. For instance, I run Lux on my device, which allows for very customizable auto-brightness. This means that Lux is allowed to alter the way other apps look, which means Android considers Lux's output to be a screen overlay. The Facebook Messenger Chat Heads are another example of a screen overlay.

Screen overlays allow apps to do super awesome things, but there is also the concern that an app could, for instance, draw a fake screen on top of you bank app's login page and steal your login. That is why apps can register certain activities (such as a login) as being "protected", which causes the "Screen Overlay Detected" message. The message box that appears should include a link to the Settings panel's Screen Overlay Permission section. Look through the list of apps there that have the permission turned on, and check to see if any of them are running.

It may be something as simple as Facebook Messenger. Just swipe away the Chat Head, and you should be able to do whatever you were trying to do when you got the warning. On the other end of the coin, it may be an app that you would completely not expect to be drawing on top of other apps. If you see some game or "free wallpaper" app listed here with the permission turned on, you should be *very* suspicious of why that app is wanted to create a screen overlay. In that case, I suggest uninstalling the app, or at least pulling up the app's page in Google Play and looking for a good reason for it to be doing the overlay.

Once you determine what app is using the overlay, you just have to close it. Hit the Multi-Task key (usually two overlapping squares/rectangles, next to the home key at the bottom of your device) and swipe it off the list. If that doesn't work, try removing the overlay permission from the Settings panel discussed previously. Usually, the hardest part is figuring out which app is currently using an overlay. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay