Phone is running weird

A

AC Question

My phones been running strange i have thought someone is spying on me i have found this folder i have never seen b4 called sonyBnR what is this and if i do have someone spying how do i get rid of it

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
When you say "running weird" is it running around like a headless chicken or more like a one legged person sort of hop crawl hop crawl..

But seriously, knowing what device you have can help others better answer your question..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Finding a directory like that doesn't necessarily mean someone's spying on you. Describe more issues that are concerning to you.

Ella07

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I have a galaxy s7! My battery is always going flat real fast! My data is been used when i never turn mine on because i have wifi at home, when talking on the phone sometimes makes weird sounds! My better half didnt see any msg on my phone yet he msg me asking who someone was how would he know who msg me? Pls help its not like i have anything to hide its just i have had all my photos from Dropbox talken and my account deleted as well i feel as though i just have no privacy at all

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My battery is always going flat real fast!

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

My data is been used when i never turn mine on because i have wifi at home

Do you mean that you always keep 3G/4G mobile data turned off in the Settings>Data Usage menu?

when talking on the phone sometimes makes weird sounds!

Can you elaborate on this? What do they sound like, and are the sounds coming out from the main speaker or the earpiece speaker?

My better half didnt see any msg on my phone yet he msg me asking who someone was how would he know who msg me?

It's hard to answer this. There are other ways for people to figure out whom other people are communicating with--maybe he happened to see some history on your computer.

If you're really concerned about this, you can always do a factory reset.

Ella07

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I always let my phone battery go down to about 20% sometimes less then charge it! But still the same dies fast and im hardly on it! I never turn on mobile data only to send a photo witch is hardly ever i have wifi at my house so i use that all data settings are off but im 100s of dollars over my bill each month i have unlimited calls and text and only thing i go over is my internet optus tells me im using it from 11am till 6pm sites are something about making yourself a Web page i wouldnt even no what or whh i would need to use that! Im really not worried about someone spying if they are because i dont have anything to hide its just annoying when your phone plays up or is slow, i cant do a factory reset as all my passwords etc google acc emails i have forgotten my password and when i try and change them it tells me i dont have enough information about myself to change them again! Im not the smartest chick going round hence why im msg prob asking silly questions but i have had my phone hacked once b4 and everything on sd card dropbox they got and dropbox tell me theres nothing that they can do its just unfair as i feel i have no privacy what so ever as im pregnant i need to get this data thing sorted because i cant pay these ridiculous phone bills that im not even using if that makes sense? My stress level is sky high because of all of this hopefully you can help me in anyway

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It seems like a factory reset would be the best thing to do, though. If you've forgotten your passwords, you can almost always retrieve them by clicking the "Forgot Password?" link on any login. You can recover your Google password here: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

If you do factory reset, then after you finish the Setup Wizard again, go straight to the Play Store, swipe in from the left, tap My Apps, and then stop any app from automatically reinstalling. Now see if the phone still misbehaves.