How do I get my P9 Lite to play notification sounds in third-party applications?

A

AC Question

I have tried and tried - but somehow I haven't managed to get the phone to play a notification sound in for instance WordFeud or my kitchen timer ...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that these 3rd party apps give you notification icons in your status bar, but never play a tone? And your Ringtones/Notifications volume is turned up?

mhasle

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
That's my problem, exactly, although I don't always get an icon! I must add, however, that I only had the phone for a week - but I have been through 'Settings' and tried different things but nothing works ...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Huawei is notorious for very aggressive RAM management. Go to Settings>Advanced Settings>Battery Manager>Protected Apps. Make sure the apps in question are Protected (i.e., the system will allow the app to keep running with the screen off). If the app isn't protected, then the system might force the app to close in the background, which might prevent it from serving up notifications after the screen goes to sleep.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173