how can I upload my contacts onto my google account on my computer ?

A

AC Question

I just received a MoTo android business phone. I got locked out and I tried so many different user ID's and passwords to no avail. But I did go on my computer and I got into my google account and straightened out the ID and Password but I still can't get into my phone. I got to download my pics but I wasn't able to find out how to save my contacts. Whenever I try to save my contacts on to my computer it only shows me 10 contacts. I've been locked out since 9/9/16. Can you please show me how I can save my contacts onto my computer google account so that I can do a factory reset? I went back to Verizon for help and they couldn't help me, they said that this is a google problem and not Verizon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Moto phone do you have? The phone's lockscreen password is different from your Google password. On some phones, if you fail the unlock enough times, it will ask you for your Google account information and password--does that happen on your phone?

When you enter contacts into your phone, you can choose to save them to your Google account or the local Phone account. If you saved them to your Google account, then they sync automatically to your Google Contacts in the cloud (which is why I always recommend this). If you saved them to the local Phone account, though, they don't get synced anywhere automatically--you have to manually back them up, either by exporting them to a .vcf or .csv file, or by using 3rd party contact backup apps. If you didn't do that, then you won't be able to retrieve the contacts--they're stored in an SQLite database file in a protected system directory.

Verizon also gives you the option to save contacts to your Verizon account, I think, which backs up to your Verizon Cloud. Did you use that, by any chance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC