Why can't I access full menu with menu button, and pop up menu on home screen with long press?

Endopax

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android version 5.0.1, and have recently noticed that when I am on Home screen, hitting the menu button does not produce a full menu, but only produces icons for Wallpapers, Widgets, and Home screen settings at the bottom. Also, on Home screen, pressing where there is no shortcut present does not produce a pop up menu, and only produces the same three icons as above.

Can you enlighten me regarding this situation? Thanks in advance.

Endopax

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi TOASTERvan,
Thanks for your reply. I have indeed done that with no effect. I remain totally unable to access both full menu and pop up menu on Home screen, even though these buttons work perfectly within apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's pretty standard for Android now. You might be thinking of how it used to be, perhaps on a pre-Lollipop version of Android. What menu are you looking for?

Endopax

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, B. Diddy. I seem to recall the menu button or pushing a free area on the home screen producing a black background menu that included options such as Set Wallpaper, Apps and Widgets, Folder, and Page. I suspect from your reply these menus were eliminated after Lollipop was installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy