Samsung GS7 Edge Screen Replacement

A

AC Question

Hi. I am looking to replace my GS7 Edge screen. A shop wants $459 to do it. I watched a YouTube vid on how to do it and it seems pretty easy. I am a do-it yourselfer, so I am good with my hands. Anyone have any advice? I have found a screen for $138.99. I have heard these screens run $250. The one I found for $139 is at Phone Part World online. I can't post the link here because it is telling me that it is spam, but you could go to phonepartworld.com and search for "SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 LCD DIGITIZER ASSEMBLY"

Is this a cheap screen? Will it blow up my phone? The shop who wants to charge me $459 to do it said that the screens they got for a cheaper price from eBay bricked some phones. Maybe they want me to get my repair done there lol.

Any advice is much appreciated. I am located in Columbus OH if anyone knows of a spot here as well.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Many people who attempt their own screen repair end up breaking their phone... ending up spending more money than the phone is worth. Many times, if the 3rd party screen doesn't work for some reason, people have a hard time getting a replacement just to test the first one.

Do yourself a favor and contact Samsung for a repair quote. I'm guessing it'll be cheaper than what the repair shop quoted you.

rcooper2007

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I did contact Samsung and they quoted me 250, which was a lot cheaper than what I thought it would be, but I have to send my phone away for multiple days plus paying for shipping. Decisions decisions...

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
but I have to send my phone away for multiple days plus paying for shipping. Decisions decisions...
Yup, that's the only catch. If you have a spare phone you can use in the meantime, suffer for a little bit! LOL!

I'd rather have Samsung do it rather than anyone else... at least the part will be "real"! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC