Galaxy S6 Edge - Recent Apps button self pressing

A

AC Question

Hello,

I am reaching out to you because I would love to hear your expert opinion regarding my problem. For several months now, the button "Recent Apps" on my phone starts launching by itself, so I am not able to normally use my phone as it happens very frequently. The phone is in the Spigen Tough Armor case from the first day I bought it, it never fell down and I do take proper care of it. By the way, the phone was bought this year at Sancta Domenica store. This problem happens unexpectedly all by itself. Sometimes it also occurs that my phone goes crazy and starts launching the button "Recent Apps" so hardly that even my "Back" button freezes and stops working properly. In that case I have to lock the phone screen and then unlock it in order to make it work. After a long research on the web, I saw that this is actually a common problem and that a lot of S6 / S6 Edge users have it. Moreover, even some owners of S7 / S7 Edge have this problem. The majority of them have contacted the customer service from Samsung and they confirmed that it's a some sort of hardware issue. That's why I am reaching out to you so you can tell me what can I do. I have had this phone for less than a year, so it still has at least one year's warranty.

Numerous videos regarding my problem can be seen on YouTube.

I have also found out that I can cause this problem whenever I want, so that's good if I'll need to show it to someone in the phone repair center. My current problem arises if I switch or toggle between 2G and 3G to 4G network modes (and vice versa). Most of the times, however, the phone goes crazy without even touching the network settings.

The same thing happens when I take off my Spigen Tough Armor phone case. It is one of the best phone cases in the world and a large majority of people who are also using it haven't encountered this problem.

I have updated and restored my phone to factory settings, but the problem is still here even though I haven't downloaded any apps from Google Play store. So basically I only had the default apps from Samsung on my phone. The phone never fell down nor it got wet which can be confirmed by the moisture indicators which are still white. Also, the phone doesn't have any scratches and it is like a brand new. On the device itself I have used exclusively Samsung charger for quick charging and the original headset. The SIM card is also new since I bought it together with the device.

I would love to hear your opinion.

Thank you in advance!

My phone model: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB (SM-G925F)

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I think you already know what to do... contact Samsung for warranty repair. If Samsung admits it's a hardware issue, they should repair it no-cost... well, I would hope so, anyways. Make sure when you contact them to do it by email so if they admit it's something they know about, then you'll have a record. Don't sit on it if it's a hardware problem... take care of it while the phone is still under warranty.

BarryR4310

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
I just brought samsung s6 i had a problem with the recent app self pressing. I found away aroud it....
it is a pain to do with but go to play store and download buttons remapper (No rooting) and change the back button to make it recent apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma