is this Samsung’s latest scam?

A

AC Question

I took my Note 4 into the Samsung store in Oxford Street, London, today for repair of the worn sockets. The counter man said that Samsung doesn’t have parts in Europe so it will take at least 6 weeks to repair. I would have to check the phone in now; they would take it off me and leave it down stairs for 6 weeks while my device sat in the queue for parts.

What was I supposed to do for a phone for the next 6 weeks? I could upgrade to the Note 7 except that he couldn’t supply one and I don’t have fire-proof pockets. Seems I look stupid enough to buy a new Samsung phone because they can’t do a warranty repair on my current one, or was he just programmed to try?

How can they have no USB sockets or 3.5mm headphone sockets in Europe when its the obvious mechanical part to wear out? Is this Samsung’s new scam for avoiding warranty repairs on the phone?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure this would qualify as a scam. If the usb port attaches to the motherboard in a specific way, that can limit quantities, as the device is 2 years old.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I took my Note 4 into the Samsung store in Oxford Street, London, today for repair of the worn sockets. The counter man said that Samsung doesn’t have parts in Europe so it will take at least 6 weeks to repair. I would have to check the phone in now; they would take it off me and leave it down stairs for 6 weeks while my device sat in the queue for parts.

What was I supposed to do for a phone for the next 6 weeks? I could upgrade to the Note 7 except that he couldn’t supply one and I don’t have fire-proof pockets. Seems I look stupid enough to buy a new Samsung phone because they can’t do a warranty repair on my current one, or was he just programmed to try?

How can they have no USB sockets or 3.5mm headphone sockets in Europe when its the obvious mechanical part to wear out? Is this Samsung’s new scam for avoiding warranty repairs on the phone?

You could try escalating to see if they can work something else out for you.

I don't think this is a scam at all.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd fully believe that the store doesn't have parts for a 2 year old phone - especially given that the note from last year never made it to Europe. They're probably sending to a centralized repair center. The six weeks part does seem excessive though - in the age of Amazon free two day shipping, expecting shipping to take place in 3 business days or less isn't unreasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87