Keeping Unlimited Data, what are my options given the following.

A

AC Question

Currently I have a Verizon Nationwide Talk & Text 450 with UDP at 29.99 and monthly access of 59.99. Two Year Contract expires 10/13/16 and I am currently upgrade eligble. 2 years ago I talked to rep on the phone who set me up with a subsidized S5 phone and a 8gb data plan, when the phone arrived in the mail, I never activated it and just swapped in my old SIM into the subsidized phone and was able to keep UDP. I've had UDP ever since. I've heard this won't work anymore? Can I do this again? When shopping online all options force me to pick a data plan, for example 6gb max.

Other question, If I pay full price for an S7 on eBay and put my current UDP SIM in, what happens? Does my contract auto-renew and I keep UDP?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The contract will not renew just by putting a new SIM in it, that's basically bringing your own device. I don't know if the sim-drop plan still works or not, but it does sound like you will want to keep your plan on contract to avoid price increases, etc. if possible.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Currently I have a Verizon Nationwide Talk & Text 450 with UDP at 29.99 and monthly access of 59.99. Two Year Contract expires 10/13/16 and I am currently upgrade eligble. 2 years ago I talked to rep on the phone who set me up with a subsidized S5 phone and a 8gb data plan, when the phone arrived in the mail, I never activated it and just swapped in my old SIM into the subsidized phone and was able to keep UDP. I've had UDP ever since. I've heard this won't work anymore? Can I do this again? When shopping online all options force me to pick a data plan, for example 6gb max.

Other question, If I pay full price for an S7 on eBay and put my current UDP SIM in, what happens? Does my contract auto-renew and I keep UDP?

I believe that you can still do the upgrade and just sell it,not activating in your line,but not 100% sure.

Buying on ebay won't affect your contract status.

You should also be aware that once you go off contract,udp will go up by twenty,unless you process an upgrade before the end of the cycle in which udp ends

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe that you can still do the upgrade and just sell it,not activating in your line,but not 100% sure.

This is correct. Do an upgrade, but DO NOT ACTIVATE OR USE THE SUBSIDIZED PHONE! Remove the SIM card before powering on the phone for the first time, and destroy it. Sell the phone, and use the money to buy what you want, or pocket the money and continue using the phone you have.

You should also be aware that once you go off contract,udp will go up by twenty,unless you process an upgrade before the end of the cycle in which udp ends

This too. Do the upgrade as soon as you can, definitely before the end of the billing cycle. This will keep your data at $29.99.