My phone seems possesed! It uninstalls my apps by itself!

A

AC Question

I bought a polaroid Link 6. It's not a high end phone but it's decent enough, it has a huge screen, dual SIM card slots and very good battery life. I also dident want a plan so it seemed like a good deal. The problem is it has an sd card slot but you can't move apps to it. It also has very little internal storage, around 5 gigs. So I rooted the phone and partitioned the sd card. I was finally able to load the phone up with apps. It works really well but every once in a while when I turn the phone off and on half of the apps are gone and my wallpaper with them. I can install the apps again but the problem is my phones storage is still taken up. Like my phone believes the apps are still installed. I cannot find the files anywhere and eventually I am forced to factory reset. This is not a regular occurrence and completely random. I'll have loads of apps and for weeks things will be fine then suddenly I will turn my phone off and POOF around 30% of my apps will be gone. So what the HELL is going on?! It takes so long to download everything all over again. I know I didn't do anything because all I do with it is play games, make phone calls and text. I don't play around with settings or do anything to make this happen. I suppose I could factory reset and download just a few but I like to have a lot if games just in case I get bored of one. Anyways any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought a polaroid Link 6. It's not a high end phone but it's decent enough, it has a huge screen, dual SIM card slots and very good battery life. I also dident want a plan so it seemed like a good deal. The problem is it has an sd card slot but you can't move apps to it. It also has very little internal storage, around 5 gigs. So I rooted the phone and partitioned the sd card. I was finally able to load the phone up with apps. It works really well but every once in a while when I turn the phone off and on half of the apps are gone and my wallpaper with them. I can install the apps again but the problem is my phones storage is still taken up. Like my phone believes the apps are still installed. I cannot find the files anywhere and eventually I am forced to factory reset. This is not a regular occurrence and completely random. I'll have loads of apps and for weeks things will be fine then suddenly I will turn my phone off and POOF around 30% of my apps will be gone. So what the HELL is going on?! It takes so long to download everything all over again. I know I didn't do anything because all I do with it is play games, make phone calls and text. I don't play around with settings or do anything to make this happen. I suppose I could factory reset and download just a few but I like to have a lot if games just in case I get bored of one. Anyways any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Welcome to Android Central!

What kind of micro SD card are you using?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome