I have taken my sd card out of phone as a problem has accured with saving photos , i am taking photos thinking it will now save to phone memory,but no photos saving in gallery, tried different camera app, no joy looked in file manager , but there is nothing in file manger at all,take it i should be seeing some files, app etc..when the sd card is in it will save new photos (old photos still on card) short term if i turn phone off photos gone then somtimes come back, tried to format card on pc and phone wont format, any ideas? i know reading above sounds confusing. thks
    (Doogee, 5.1 phone)

Update: Downloaded Es file explorer, only way i can see photos taken.
    update: No, next day cant see photos in ES file explorer now, just a grey blank square, only when i reboot phone photos will store but gone next day?
    Also on storage worded as internal storage seems to my sd card and worded sd card seems to be phone storage, is this a fault?
    09-18-2016 07:02 AM
    if you're attempting to do all this exploring on your device, it's best to connect the device to your computer and explore in this manor. In this, i would open the DCIM folder located within the internal and external drives of your device. Assuming you've remounted your SD card. However if there's no room on your SD card and you have a reader, connect the MicroSD card to your reader and then connect the reader to your computer, extract all the images.

Once all of the images have been moved off the SD card, remount the SD card into your phone.. Then erase/format the card while in your phone and not on your computer. Let us know if your storage has been freed up afterwards.

Also, Goto Settings > Storage and check to see how much memory/storage has been allocated to your internal drive. You may need to delete or remove any cache data within the "miscellaneous" file.
    09-18-2016 07:12 AM
    thanks for reply , i took sd card out of phone and connected it to pc tried to format card got "unable to format",so deleted each file manually,it seem to do this, card was blank on pc ,put it back in phone and all files are still on card ?
    cannot format/delete any file from sd card on phone.
    09-18-2016 07:20 AM
    While the card is still connected to your computer, enter the "cmd" mode and scan your SD card using the "chkdsk" command to check for any corruptions via your SD card.
    09-18-2016 07:33 AM
    This is the fist thing that came up was check/fix disc when i connected to pc, i ticked yes ,it when through process till end ,but gave no indication that it did fix anything,could it be a corrupt sd card ? i have ordred a new one , not sure if i should do a factory reset on phone.
    09-18-2016 07:43 AM
    Sounds to me that the SD card is in error.. Next time only format any new SD card you're planing on mounting to your device, within the device and not on the computer. The device needs to write files to the card in order to allocated any settings memory commands in order to send and receive data etc to and from the card. make sure when you order a new SD card, it has a card reader within the same package. One does not want to cross contaminate new cards with old readers.
    09-18-2016 07:49 AM
    this is proberly what i should have done when i got this new phone, i just took my sd card out of old phone and put it in new one,all seem fine for a couple of months, so when i can new card put it in phone and format from here ?, do you have to format a new card ?
    also its confusing the wording on phone between internal storage and sd card as i wrote in original post.
    09-18-2016 07:57 AM
    By transferring one card to another phone without formating.. would corrupt the files and folder assuming the devices system is not the same. Meaning, one phone maybe an LG while the other phone is Samsung.. Two different devices and both trying to write operations files onto the card, thus causing the corruption. If the chkdsk commend did not successfully isolated the issue, then you will have to purchase a new card.
    09-18-2016 08:01 AM
    thanks for advice, yeah two diiferent make phones,got a new card on order,hopfully this will fix problem without having to do a factory reset on phone.
    09-18-2016 08:08 AM