I'm trying to transfer mp4 videos from my Galaxy S5 to Windows 10 laptop.
    - I filmed the videos
    - Videos are stored on the SD card in my Galaxy S5
    - They show up in Windows Explorer perfectly including file extension and file size
    - Some video files do not copy and paste onto the laptop properly.
    - Their file size is often reduced when the pasting completes, and the video can't be opened by a range of Windows Media Player or VLC.
    - Some videos have transfered perfectly
    - I have tried USB tethered directly for the transfer.
    - I have even transferred via Dropbox which appears to download the entire file size, but large videos wont play, yet smaller ones seem ok.
    Many thanks.
    09-18-2016 11:06 AM
    Does your pc have the necessary codec to play the File?
    09-18-2016 03:54 PM
    Do all videos play fine on the phone?
    Have you pulled the SD out of the phone and transferred the vids to laptop via a card reader?
    Is your phone connected directly to the laptop USB connector, or are you connected to a hub?
    anon(632115) likes this.
    09-18-2016 04:20 PM
    I have ordered a card reader. I have copied the files via USB cable and via Dropbox.
    Some mp4s play fine when downloaded to pc, some don't including some where the fule size is identical and some where less than the original file size transfers.
    09-19-2016 05:12 PM
    Try installing Shark007 or klite codec pack on your PC and then try to play them
    09-19-2016 05:44 PM
    Do all videos play fine on the phone?
    Do they?

I don't think its a codec problem as VLC should be able to handle vids coming from an S5... especially since only the long vids have problems. Long vids seem to be corrupted. Or the SD itself.

After you get your card reader, and if the vids still don't play, either directly from the SD, or after transfer to the PC, run chkdsk on the card to see if any errors pop up. Chkdsk "shouldn't" damage any files on the SD, but if it makes corrections, it is possible that it may affect some files. Back up all files to PC before running chkdsk.
    09-19-2016 07:41 PM
    Do they?

I don't think its a codec problem as VLC should be able to handle vids coming from an S5... especially since only the long vids have problems. Long vids seem to be corrupted. Or the SD itself.
    Yes they all play perfectly on the phone so guess the SD must be ok. I'll see if they can transfer properly via card reader. Thanks.
    09-20-2016 03:04 AM