How do i delete google search history with the earth icon?

A

AC Question

I have already gone through my phone and laptop to delete the history from google chrome. When I start typing on my search bar on my phone for google chrome the links pop back up with the grey google earth icon next to it. I can not for the life of me figure out how to delete that from my search history. Please help :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which search bar are you referring to? Is it a search bar on your homescreen, or in the Chrome browser? Are you sure you're not using something like S Finder (Samsung's search function), which might be showing you URLs you searched for using the stock Samsung Internet browser? The Earth icon typically represents the stock browser, not Chrome or Google Earth.

If you want to get rid of your search history in the stock Samsung browser, then go to the App Manager, select the browser, and Clear Cache/Clear Data.

Edward Woolford

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
I know this is old but a little Earth symbol indicates Google trying to recommend a url. Nothing is ever really deleted. Google will always remember and will suggest it unless you turn off google suggestions!

Axcel_7

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
After an hour of deleting my cache and searching for my prediction results I found that (when you're on android) if you disable the app, re-enable it and then log back onto your google account the globe icon searches should be gone.