LG G4 Won't boot, not boot loop?

A

AC Question

Hi, back in March my original G4 had the boot loop error. AT&T sent me a new one since by that point LG had admitted that it was a hardware fault. I was on my phone tonight, only to have it freeze completely and then shut off. Won't boot past the AT&T screen and sometimes gets stuck on it. Only way to get it to restart is to take battery out and put it back in.

So that's exactly the same as the last boot loop error I had. However I can get it to show the charging screen if I plug it in, which I couldn't on my original G4 when it bricked. Just wondering how I could get this again on a phone that was sent to me supposedly having the updated hardware. Can't really find anything online about that and want to make sure it can't possibly be anything else before I take it to the AT&T store. I'm sure they'll replace it but its a hassle.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is to start the phone in Safe mode, to see if it's a 3rd party app causing the issue. If your phone starts/runs normally, then it might be an app you installed in which case you'd have to investigate and isolate the app.

If the phone has problems starting in Safe mode, then I wouldn't bother with it anymore and take it back to AT&T to have it replaced.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
First, boot into recovery and wipe system cache partition. This will not wipe any personal data.

If that doesn't work, try safe mode and get as much saved data as you can off. This boot into recovery and do a factory data reset.

Alternatively, you can use the LG Flash Tool to flash the stock firmware to your device. Better than just doing a factory data reset.

cswagerty

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
so the same thing is happening to my phone did everything you said...however the safe mode wouldn't load up but the system recovery did. So I went ahead and deleted all data it went to restart I waited for about 5 minutes for the screen to turn back on after restarting but nothing happend so I removed the battery and put it back in and plugged my phone in to see if I made any progress and same LG screen pops up and nothing....just goes to a blank screen after about 4 seconds. Removed the battery again swapped with my wifes battery same issue. made sure nothing was dirty, battery was charged, and still LG boot then nothing...thing becomes completely unresponsive untill I remove the battery, and even then the only thing I can do is see that my phone is charging, and that taunting LG screen with its Life is Good nonsense. if life was good I wouldn't be holding a $500 paper weight.
Any other ideas? the serial number starts with 506 and it was made in june of 2015.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci