So i picked up an LG G5 and used the adb shell method to enable Adoptive Storage and noticed if i click on an app's info under storage i can switch between Internal/external is this a normal option within Adoptive Storage ? as i thought it just used/see's it all as one storage unit.

I can see that the apps ive download most are automatically put on the external SD card so what will happen when the external SD Card is full does Adoptive Storage just start using the internal ?

Also what will happen say when the next OS update comes through Android 7.0 Nougat will this remain intact after the update ?
    09-21-2016 12:59 PM
    There's always a slight risk within anything we do or use. Although the term "Adoptive Storage" is new to me.. I did locate this refresher article via Android Central. See if this can offer you any support towards your question.

Inside Marshmallow: Adoptable storage | Android Central
    09-21-2016 01:07 PM
    Do yourself a favour. Do not use adoptable storage. Your internal memory will still fill up pretty quickly. The sd card can't be recovered if it's corrupted which means loss of data. SD cards are slow and only have a limited write/rewrite life span
    sfoLAX and ManiacJoe like this.
    09-21-2016 02:23 PM
    Guys whilst i appreciate you taking the time to answer, my questions haven't actually been answered at all though, 32gb internal storage which is the norm on most flagship Android phones doesn't cut it in my world of usage i know this from my Note 3 (where the internal storage got used up and i was left with loads of space on my 64gb micro Sd card unable to use) and 64gb Nexus 6 also full so Adoptive Storage is Literally the only option.
    09-21-2016 05:22 PM
    You posted this twice and a little earlier I reread your post and realise your questions weren't answered so, sorry for that. I have no direct personal experience of adoptive storage but have picked up quite a lot of info. Using the adb method, did you assign any of the sd card as external storage or is it all internal Storage? That should help me answer your first question.
    If the apps fill up your sd card you will have to move some to internal storage.

I don't think support will be dropped in future versions of Android. That has already been tried and now the pendulum has swung the other way and now with less performance issues thanks to uhs cards
    09-21-2016 05:40 PM
    Yeah i used it all for Adoptive Storage mate with this card SanDisk Extreme PLUS 128 GB known to have pretty much the fastest 4k speeds out there i could find as well as a lifetime warranty.
    09-21-2016 05:45 PM
    Answer to your question switching is normal.
    09-21-2016 05:55 PM
    As for the third question i mean seeing as i used the ADB shell method if the OTA Nougat OS comes through after updating will it be undone if you see what i mean and go back to the stock OS without the Adoptive Storage intact ? which would obviously bugger up all of my content and put me back at square 1.
    09-21-2016 06:03 PM
    I wouldn't have thought so as you are only allocating memory partitions
    09-21-2016 06:17 PM
    Well i see that LG will be one of the first to push out the OS OTA so i hope not and the buzz regarding the Adoptive Storage SD Card is not good for the cards reading/writing etc is like SSD's for years which had a more limited cycle compared to now these current Gen cards at the top have a far greater life cycle from the memory chips than previous Gen's cards ive read that according to some articles over the course of my research out of interest etc
    09-21-2016 06:26 PM
    Seems like Samsung are testing S7 on Nougat ATM. Adaptive storage isn't natively supported on those devices. I guess we'll find out soon if there will be issues.
    09-22-2016 03:41 AM
    Well i thought id report back now as my LG G5 yesterday received the Android 7.0 Nougat OS update now i did the ADB shell trick to enable Adoptive Storage previously whilst it was on 6.0 Marshmallow and was unsure as to if this would remain intact upon a complete 1.5gb fresh install of a new/different OS and im happy to say all is good the Adoptive Storage has stayed intact all options available and all previous apps still allocated on External.
    12-13-2016 02:56 PM