Why does S Notes shut down when I try to open a file?

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 and have used S Note successfully until about a month ago. S Note will open, and it displays a list of folders, but not the files. When I try to create a new file or open a folder it shuts down and gives me an error message that says tge program has stopped working.

I looked in my program manager and found that there are two S Note programs. One is small - 7.4 mg - and the other larger at 156 mg. Following some other directions I found, I cleared the cache in both, and when that didn't help, I cleared the data in both. That didn't help either, and the weird thing is that all my folders are still there.

Help!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I only have one S Note app in Application Manager. Note sure why you have two. What OS are you running? I'm still on Kikat.

S Note data is held in Settings>Storage>Misc files. If you don't delete the S Note entries there, you'll still see the folders (and actual notes you created) even after you clear cache and data in the S Note app itself.

Try clearing app cache, app data, and deleting all S Note entries in Misc Files. This should bring S Notes back to the beginning. Note that all your old folders will disappear along with any data associated with the folders (if any). I'm not sure if it'll cure the problem with not being able to create new entries though, but perhaps it will.

Let us know.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante