Lenovo K52e78 is it K5 note or fake

A

AC Question

I have ordered lenovo K5 note via ebay i got the version K52e78. Its serial number and IMEI number are not recognized by lenovo. And no updates being provided by lenovo. Can any one help me ? Is it proper lenovo or it it a fake ?

Ivailo Manolov

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
It is not fake. It is just intended for Chinese market. System has some differences. There is no OTA update, it will be harder to find how to root the device, sometimes there are some hieroglyphs next to the English translation etc. I've the feeling battery is draining a bit faster but I have nothing to compare to, maybe it's just paranoia. Hardware is the same. The device is working fast and I haven't experienced other problems (bought it two weeks ago).
It's half the price after all.

I've already found one bug:
can't change alarm tone, ringtone.. and all other notification sounds in the system settings. But apps like Zedge can. About the alarm sound you will need different alarmclock app. Maybe there is a solution. If you find it, please share.

tuikre

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I got the same model. However, through Lenovo assistant application on my PC, the phone was detected and a ROM update was available. After downloading the update (1.4 GB), it showed transmitting but after its 100% it stays "Flash failed!" Is there a solution to this?

Siv Lotd

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
It is not fake. It is just intended for Chinese market. System has some differences. There is no OTA update, it will be harder to find how to root the device, sometimes there are some hieroglyphs next to the English translation etc. I've the feeling battery is draining a bit faster but I have nothing to compare to, maybe it's just paranoia. Hardware is the same. The device is working fast and I haven't experienced other problems (bought it two weeks ago).
It's half the price after all.

I've already found one bug:
can't change alarm tone, ringtone.. and all other notification sounds in the system settings. But apps like Zedge can. About the alarm sound you will need different alarmclock app. Maybe there is a solution. If you find it, please share.
try download ES File Explorer :) btw did u have a problems with adding google account?

Naxween KickAce

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
You need to locate that 1.4gb update.zip folder from lenovo assistant folders. and move it to phones internal memory. And go to recovery mode from the phone. and then flash the update.zip and voila!! Lenovo k52e78 will be updated to marshmellow. Its working for me.

Djripsaw

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
i have no idea how to flash my phone i watch a quick video and it said about a hard reset by holding some button down but !!!!! it was all in chinese litterly thought i had broken my phone but managed to get it to turn back on ! you going to need to show us

Ivailo Manolov

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site