I have ordered lenovo K5 note via ebay i got the version K52e78. Its serial number and IMEI number are not recognized by lenovo. And no updates being provided by lenovo. Can any one help me ? Is it proper lenovo or it it a fake ?
    09-24-2016 03:26 AM
    Cancel the order.
    anon(632115) likes this.
    09-24-2016 07:10 AM
    It is not fake. It is just intended for Chinese market. System has some differences. There is no OTA update, it will be harder to find how to root the device, sometimes there are some hieroglyphs next to the English translation etc. I've the feeling battery is draining a bit faster but I have nothing to compare to, maybe it's just paranoia. Hardware is the same. The device is working fast and I haven't experienced other problems (bought it two weeks ago).
    It's half the price after all.

I've already found one bug:
    can't change alarm tone, ringtone.. and all other notification sounds in the system settings. But apps like Zedge can. About the alarm sound you will need different alarmclock app. Maybe there is a solution. If you find it, please share.
    10-12-2016 03:48 AM
    Hi,
    I got the same model. However, through Lenovo assistant application on my PC, the phone was detected and a ROM update was available. After downloading the update (1.4 GB), it showed transmitting but after its 100% it stays "Flash failed!" Is there a solution to this?
    10-14-2016 05:26 AM
    It is not fake. It is just intended for Chinese market. System has some differences. There is no OTA update, it will be harder to find how to root the device, sometimes there are some hieroglyphs next to the English translation etc. I've the feeling battery is draining a bit faster but I have nothing to compare to, maybe it's just paranoia. Hardware is the same. The device is working fast and I haven't experienced other problems (bought it two weeks ago).
    It's half the price after all.

I've already found one bug:
    can't change alarm tone, ringtone.. and all other notification sounds in the system settings. But apps like Zedge can. About the alarm sound you will need different alarmclock app. Maybe there is a solution. If you find it, please share.
    try download ES File Explorer btw did u have a problems with adding google account?
    12-08-2016 11:22 PM
    You need to locate that 1.4gb update.zip folder from lenovo assistant folders. and move it to phones internal memory. And go to recovery mode from the phone. and then flash the update.zip and voila!! Lenovo k52e78 will be updated to marshmellow. Its working for me.
    12-24-2016 12:22 PM
    i have no idea how to flash my phone i watch a quick video and it said about a hard reset by holding some button down but !!!!! it was all in chinese litterly thought i had broken my phone but managed to get it to turn back on ! you going to need to show us
    12-26-2016 12:09 AM
    01-25-2017 12:54 PM
    Hi,
    I got the same model. However, through Lenovo assistant application on my PC, the phone was detected and a ROM update was available. After downloading the update (1.4 GB), it showed transmitting but after its 100% it stays "Flash failed!" Is there a solution to this?
    Yes!

You will find it here (post #8): http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-roms-t3475869
    01-25-2017 12:56 PM