I can't format SD card no matter what

A

AC Question

I've a 32GB Card that stopped working a while ago. I even made a post before to see if I could fix it, but there were no answers.
So, I have backed up everything on it. I cannot write or edit the SD, but I can copy and read what's in it. (For example: Music and videos play normally, deleting files also seems normal but then the files return).

I was ready to format it, but absolutely nothing works.
I've tried just about everything. I used Disk Management, even on admin mode, CMD disk partition, and a couple other third-party programmes, but none work.

It appeared as write-protected or it said access denied, so I also tried all methods to un-protect it, but did not work either.

Not only that, I've also scanned it for errors or viruses, but there appear none.

In short, it all appears normal but I clearly can't do anything on it anymore. I bought a new one already because this one seems useless now, but I want to know if there is any other possible solution.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Also it's a MicroSD.
Yes, I know it's a micro SD. I was referring to the lock switch on a SD adapter in case you were using one.

Since you mention CMD, I assume you tried diskpart too? And, chkdsk to check the SD?

There are also several refs to the registry fix but some are not correct. I won't assume you used a correct reference, so I'll post it here. Some refs have spaces in the text "Storage Device Policies"... there should be no spaces.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies

Also, word is that manufactures do this on purpose when the card gets old... supposedly to protect what's already on there. Maybe that's whats happening. Don't know though.

Sorry can't be of much help as it seems you tried what's out there. If you ever fix this, please post back to let people know what you did for reference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt