Galaxy S6 fast charger

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The option to select fast charging is in settings>Battery and is the last item. Are you saying this isn't visible on your device?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I understand. My S6 Edge shows cable charging and fast charging on my home screen swipe down depending upon which cable I'm using. I can't get my head around whyScreenshot_20160927-155002.jpg you don't have the option in settings like this

techstaff1

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I do have it in my settings and its on but when i turn the charger on the phone says charging where it used to say fast charging and charge my phone very quick now its only saying charging and taking ages

techstaff1

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks pugs for your help really appreciate it ..its in the wall socket ,another thing i want to ask you when i go into the phone settings battery and fast cable charging its saying its on with the blue light with no charger in place but if i connect the charger the blue light goes off???im so confused with it ,this all happened when i updated the phone a couple of weeks ago

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
That certainly shouldnt happen. Try wiping system cache. Sometimes following a major update gremlins get left behind. A factory reset is generally recommended but i regard this as a last resort. A cache wipe wont affect your data.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I didn't give you instructions:-

1.Turn off the device.
2.Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key
4.When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
5.Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
6.Press the Power key to select.
7.Press the Volume down key to highlight 'yes' an press the Power key to select.
8.When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
9.Press the Power key to restart the device.

techstaff1

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks pugs will try that later when i dont need the phone and can switch it off ..do u think it would solve the problem with the charger ?ive emailed back and forth to samsung but getting nowere with them the shop i bought it in says its samsung problem because its the charger and not the phone ..Around and around we go

techstaff1

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
ok so i borrowed a fast charger from a neighbour and it still wouldnt work and i tried my charger to his phone and the fast charger came straight on so looks like its the phone and the software that was updated recently that has caused the problem

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I personally hate having to do it. The best method is Helium as it saves your app data.Samsung Smart Switch is easier to use but omits app data. Are you from sunny Norwich? My brother in law lives in Wymondham

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton