My Samsung Tablet 2 7 out of RAM

A

AC Question

I got a memory almost full message. So I went to apps and deleted data in several apps. After a few days the tablet froze and I thought switching it off and then back on would solve the problem but it didn't work. When I switch it on, all it does is display the Samsung logo. What can i do to free up the memory and get it working again. I do not want to lose my information.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not memory (or RAM) that it's out of, it's storage (or ROM) - totally different things. RAM starts out empty except for what the system uses (which is normally very little). Storage has what you stored on it unless you uninstall it (like apps, videos, music, etc.)

As Belodion said, try a cache wipe. If that doesn't free up enough storage, copy what you can (anything but apps) to a computer and delete it from the phone, or use App Backup & Restore to back up some apps, then uninstall them. (You can reinstall them at another time.) I have over 1,000 apps, so of course not all of them fit on any phone, but they all fit in a tiny corner of my 3TB drive, and I can install any one I need.