Need help with OTG on Galaxy S6. I've tried a bunch of things already.

A

AC Question

I'm having 2 issues and I'm not sure if they're related or not. I received a message that an update is available but that I do not have enough free storage. So, I decided that I would transfer some of my photos and videos to my external hard drive to make space. I have a Samsung OTG "usb connector" as it's labeled that comes with the S7 phone (my husband's). I plugged that into my phone and a USB flash drive into it. Nothing appears on my screen to access this drive and it does not show up as a storage option. I have confirmed with 3 coworkers (two Galaxy Note 5s and one Galaxy S6) that this device and flash drive work for them and automatically appears on their phone when they plug it in. The flash drive is formatted to FAT32. I've also tried to restart my phone. Is there a setting that I need to go to change to allow my phone to recognize this device? Could the needed update be stopping this from working?

Here's another issue with the update - I have a notification that appears on the top of my screen that says "Uninstall unused applications or delete photos and videos to free up 3285MB of space for the software update." The message persists even after a restart. However when I go to Settings > System > About Device > Software Update > Check for Updates it says "current software is up to date."

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. No. It should be recognized automatically. The phone (or the microUSB port) may be defective.

2. If you look for an update less than 24 hours after the last time, there is no update available. That's to prevent congestion on the servers, as everyone checks for updates every few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12