need help asap - s/n no where to be found

A

AC Question

i bought an unlocked samsung s5 from amazon, broke the lcd screen, now trying to factory reset but cannot find the S/N anywhere?! i've read all the normal places to find it, and NOTHING. Please help so i can wipe this phone and sell it to someone who wants to replace the LCD screen.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you can't get it off the phone settings, it's not on a label under the battery, and it's not on the box, (if you even have the box), then I would say there's no way to get it without replacing the screen. The only other place you might be able to get it is if you registered the phone with Samsung... I believe you need to enter the serial number to register. If you did register, contact them and maybe they can help you.

Helpyamommy

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Thats correct. Nothing under the battery, all I have on the box is the IMEI number and some other numbers but nothing that says s/n. I tried entering the IMEI into the s/n slot and nope nothing. This phone was unlocked from Amazon, it worked just fine with at&t service before it broke.... I think it was just made without a s/n! I didn't register it either... So do I have an expensive non working phone that I just give away for parts? I was able to connect it to my laptop and pull the pics off at least... But am I right in thinking do not sell this cause be whoever does fix it, will be able to see all my info?

Helpyamommy

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
So I simply called Samsung, I had not registered btw, and they asked me for the model number and they gave me the serial number! Easy Peasy lol! But...the kies thing did not happen after all...samsung rep at best buy store reflashed the phone and confirmed the LCD screen was not the problem and that it was needing a new digitizer instead.