What can I do to stop online stalking

A

AC Question

I have been with the same gmail with my Google photos that I haven't seen in over a year😓 I have a third party app putting wierd files on my phone? New hidden apps. This has gone on over a year. I've switched phones Service providers changes emails. Single mom of 2 tired of privacy invasion I'm being watched thru my phone for sure. Plz help me.... I may have to go to iPhone if there arnt steps to take to stop this nightmare

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Although I don't want to dive into your personal life, I will say that it would appear as if your Ex might know more about smart phones/devices than you do.. thus latching onto your phones information and even sim card.. and if anyone tells you this isn't possible.. they're prob apposed to the fact that you or I have even brought this up. Just call me "conspiracy theorist".

In my opinion, you need to start from scratch, buy anew smart phone change emails and do not allow anyone to access your devices.. period. Not even your children. Not to sound harsh here and without knowing how old the children are.. kids can be "persuaded" to do things for the other spouse or ex.

In other words.. one email is not enough and staying a head of the game is very important when dealing with a jealous or abusive ex.. Not trying to go Dr Phil on you.. but one really needs to open their eyes to what's around them.

Also, I would switch carriers and or the location as to where you purchased the devices.. seems they could be persuaded by those who might be wanting to track your every move.. Head to a different state or location you've never been before to purchase a new device and service plan. One you've never had before. Do not use the same phone or sim card or even the MicorSD card if one has been mounted.. you need all new devices, service and sim card.

Lastly, do not return to using those apps which could have been tracking you every more on the old phone.. this means giving up that facebook or twitter app etc.. By changing your routine and device should eliminated these possible surveillance techniques.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, please consider joining. See this link for instructions on how to join.

Yea nasty ex was the first thing that popped in to my head. It really sucks that we are programmed to think like this, OR that people will even do things like this. We really can't tell you what to do here, only offer some experience. Changing phones and emails addresses is a good idea, your carrier should be able to to help, tell them you suspect stalking. You may also want to consider legal action, please consult with your own attorney and local law enforcement if you suspect you are being stalked by an ex or ANYONE!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would help to know what "weird files" are being found. It might not be someone stalking you--it could instead be some adware or malware you unwittingly installed alongside some other app. Or if you're talking about strange images in your gallery, that could just be cached images from some app, which is normal.