in one Plus X phone the marshmallow update throwing issues for loading apps

A

AC Question

the warning message says "unfortunately, package installer stooped"

Apps i am seeing this massage - whats app, skype, we chat ....

not able to change the permission setting of the apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Settings>Apps menu, see if there is a 3 vertical dot menu button in the corner--if so, tap it and look for an option that says "Show System." System apps are often hidden by default on this screen.

Bibin George

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
if i say exactly now not able to download or upload any picture or video. whats app basically not able to access the storage i think. and when i try to access the whats app permission it shows this massage. and when i send text massage from whats app the app closes automatically. skype and we chat not able to open. it will show the same message and close. this all happening just after the marshmallow update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why Package Installer would need to be accessed by WhatsApp, because Package Installer is used by the system to install an app. WhatsApp shouldn't be trying to install an app without asking your permission first. Did you install WhatsApp from a reliable app store like Google Play Store? If not, I'd be concerned that it's an illegitimate copy that is trying to install something malicious without your knowledge.

Bibin George

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
i think after android up date all app permissions got reset. now apps dont have storage access by default. for other apps it is asking for access. and able to allow or deny. for skype, we chat and whats app not able to change as it throes the error massage. whats app installed from Google play only. not able to re install as i am out of country and my mobile dont have roaming.