How can I recover files from an LG G4 stuck in boot loop?

A

AC Question

Hi everyone,

My LG G4 went into a boot loop earlier today and I haven't been able to fix it. I managed to briefly get it to work using the freezer trick, but for nowhere near long enough to be able to transfer my files. I have months worth of pictures on there that I really don't want to lose (yes, I know, I should've backed them up!) so I'm trying to figure out an alternative method to recover them.

I've read online that I might be able to recover my files using download mode, but haven't been able to find anything written in layman's terms. The phone loads into download mode just fine, but I really have no idea where to go from here.

I also doesn't have root access since I've never really messed around with stuff like this before now. Is this going to be an issue? And if so, is it possible to gain root access to a phone that can't boot up properly anymore?

If anyone could help me out with this it'd be really appreciated.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Can I recommend posting this to the LG G4 forum? LG G4 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com Lots of folks with experience dealing with the boot loop issue.

Also, I just read (although I can't find it now!) how one person not only put their phone in the freezer to get it to boot, but actually attached their USB cable and retrieved their files... with the phone still in the freezer.

Last edited:

illumillama

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I've also posted my question there now.

And I have actually tried leaving the phone in the freezer whilst I transfer, but it only stays on for a minute or so at the most before resetting again. So nowhere near enough time to get anything done, unfortunately :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney