Galaxy S6 randomly started draining the battery. Also phone is now constantly hot. Any suggestions?

A

AC Question

I am normally able to get through my day with my phone only getting down to 30% by the end of the day. However, for some reason starting today, my phone is only getting around 4 hours of battery life. The phone is abnormally hot too, seems like the processor is churning even though I have no apps open. I charged the battery back to 100%, reset the phone, turned on airplane mode, but they all give the same result. The battery screen shows a sharp decline going from 100% to 3% from 9am to 1pm. Google services is at 17%, Android OS at 16%, Google App is at 16%, Group me is at 11%, Cell standby is at 10%, Android system is at 8%, and Google play store is at 4%. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening, so if you guys have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Smoje

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue with the s6 Edge I have... started two hours ago at 100% now it's 80% without using anything... seems something it's happening with one process that gets stuck and drains the battery...

I'll wipe everything and start over, I'm worried the battery will be affected and needs replacement

PD: After reading this post, seems something is related with Oculus Rooms that drains the battery totally, so check if you have this apps and uninstall them completely

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair