Why my phone (wasn't used for long period) is taking too much to charge?

A

AC Question

I have a phone that I never used for almost 2 years and now I need some documents from it, i have been charging it for almost 12 hours and still giving red signals and I can't turn it on. I had the same problem before but some how after several attempts of charging it for several hours it turned on. My question is it normal that not using a phone for such long period requires you to charge it for days before being able to reuse it again? Note the charger is working perfectly on other devices.
Many thanks!

Cooler299

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a phone that I never used for almost 2 years and now I need some documents from it, i have been charging it for almost 12 hours and still giving red signals and I can't turn it on. I had the same problem before but some how after several attempts of charging it for several hours it turned on. My question is it normal that not using a phone for such long period requires you to charge it for days before being able to reuse it again? Note the charger is working perfectly on other devices.
Many thanks!
No. You shouldn't need to charge it for days. The thing is that the lithium ion as well as lithium polymer batteries need to be charged periodically if you want to maintain its Health. 2 Years is a very long time to keep a battery not charged. Most probably the life of the battery must have already exhausted as it wasn't charged for such a long time. Even if you are not using any phone it's always good to keep Charging and discharging the batteries once in a while even if the phone just has to sit on a Table. If it's not charging completely then the only way to get your Documents would be to put a new battery for a while. See if any of your friends have a similar spare battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz