Why am I suddenly getting pop ups on my Lenovo K50

jonclem

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have had my Lenovo K50-t3s for about 4 months, I have been very pleased with it but I am now getting pop up ads for Audiobooks and Viking war clans etc.
I downloade Avast from play store and it reports no problems so I uninstalled it and installed AVG and that reports several issues:- Securitylt, QuickSearch, Internet, cover:vlife and com.android.system.v5. These were all reported as "suspected malware" or "potentially unwanted programs" and that they were "system apps" that can't be deleted but should be disabled but each time I hit the "disable" button and it took me to the app page I could not "force stop", (Iafter clicking force stop and going back to the diagnostic page it still showed that it needed disabling so following the disable button and hitting force stop, it was still active after saying ok to the warning that if I stop an app it could cause errors).
I can live with these small pop ups but I don't like the idea that something is going on in my phone that I have no control over.
In case I have to do a factory reset in order to clear this probem, is there an easy way to get my pics onto my laptop?
I would really appreciate any help you guys can offer, I have asked questions before and been so impressed with the wealth of knowledge here and the kindness in giving time to help us dummies.
John

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi John and welcome to AC :) did you manage to resolve this issue? Moving images from your phone to a laptop should be simple, just connect the phone using a USB cable, on the laptop locate the drive, then copy and paste the images that way.

as for your issue, it might be worth while doing a factory reset to freshen the phone up a bit, but it might also be worth while booting your phone in to safe mode. If the issue disappears in safe mode then the issue is being caused by one of the apps you have installed. Try uninstalling some of the most recent apps and seeing if this resolves the issue.

Sld07

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I too have this issue on my ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML. Did you get the issue resolved? I'd ideally like to resolve it without having to factory reset my phone.

Does anyone know if it's safe to remove com.system.android.v5 without causing interference to the phone's performance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37