My friend bought some new phones. Lee eco, One plus X and Iphone 5s. Starting with Lee eco, after one month of normal usage, suddenly it stopped working and when got to the service centre they said battery had been leaked. Moving on to one plus X, worked fine for few months but then strangely it started turning on and off on its own. Then few days later, it caught fire and went straight into the water bucket. Heading towards iphone, its flashlight starting turning on again no clue. It started working normal for the following few days but then never turned on. Got to service centre, again battery leakage. He bought more phones, same problem occurred with each of them. I beg your help. Please.
    09-30-2016 09:58 AM
    Maybe donate them to your local army training centre.

OK maybe this is true, following a spate of Samsung and other devices catching fire.

It may be the way they were stored, they may not be genuine or just failed quality control.
    I would question the source of these bulk purchases.
    I haven't heard of battery leakage being reported on phones, but that's not to say it didn't happen.

I have no technical explanation for you, very few will. We are just end users.

Someone may have an explanation for you later.

Welcome to Android Central.
    09-30-2016 10:02 AM
    I hope your friend has more luck in other areas of life...
    sfoLAX likes this.
    09-30-2016 10:17 AM
    The batteries may be made locally to you - and made incorrectly. Normally, lithium batteries, unless VERY BADLY mistreated, don't leak at all. I have 5 running at the moment, all of them about 3 years old - and no leakage. And have never, in about 13 years, have seen a leaky lithium battery, even when I owned cellphone stores and saw dozens of batteries a day.
    sfoLAX and Tim1954 like this.
    09-30-2016 12:49 PM