Outlook contact notes on Android

A

AC Question

On my PC, I have included some quite lengthy 'notes' in my Outlook contacts. This is important reference material in relation to the person. But when I sync my contacts with my Galaxy S7, only the first 1,000 characters can be viewed in the regular contact apps. (This system restriction did not use to be affect my iOS devices.)

Strangely if I search for a word that I know appears later in such a contact note, the contact is identified, but it is not possible to view the full note including the searched word. One App I have found (Contacts Optimizer) will show the full notes for each contact, but they are squashed to the right side of the screen and all formatting is lost.

Is there any way to view all Contact notes in the stock apps?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Android is not Outlook is not iOS - you can't compare phones like that.

You can view all the Contact information, but you have to enter it manually, or write an Android app to import it. (Or you can try to create an .sdf file of your Outlook contacts - it's been so long that I don't remember if Outlook does it - and import the contacts to Android Contacts [or to Google Contacts, then sync the phone].)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance