hi

I'm looking for a wishlist gifts app.

this app can let me create a wishlist of things I want but cannot buy for myself right now. (let's call it "my gift wishlist")

let's say I have a birthday next week.
    my friends and family can get a notification of my upcoming birthday and show them that "my gift wishlist" of mine.

now they can tick a checkbox saying "I'll buy this for him" on any of the items of the my wishlist and the list gets updated of that someone will be buying me that certain gift so two people don't buy me the same gift. (it doesn't have to show who is buying who what...)

everyone using this app can created these wishlists and can mark an item in his friends and family's wishlists.

these can be christmas gift lists, birthday lists, anniversary gift lists... whatever occasion someone buys someone something.

the friend lists could be imported from your facebook friends, whatapp contact, phone contacts or whatever and of course manually.

no getting embarrassing useless gifts, no more wondering "what should I buy him?" or "Will she likes this gift?", "is someone already buying her this?" etc. etc.

is there such an app? there must be.
    10-03-2016 12:23 PM
    I found this app in the Play Store which looks very nice, but I don't know that it has the feature you want where friends can mark items as "purchased".

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...listfree&hl=en

That's actually a really good idea. I may work on building something like that myself
    10-03-2016 05:23 PM
    That's actually a really good idea. I may work on building something like that myself
    This, OP, is why you should find a developer to help with your idea and get them under contract for it BEFORE posting it publicly.
    TenshiNo likes this.
    10-03-2016 06:55 PM
    looks like he wasn't about to build an app but to look for one to install it.

me, I really really need this kind of an app with specifications mentioned... subscribing to this thread...
    pretty sure there is one because no way this app won't be one of the most downloaded ones ever
    10-04-2016 04:56 AM
    My wife has always said that I would make a great advertising agent or creative thinker for a company who develops all types of stuff.. the issues is, No one is willing to pay for my ideas because they would rather have them given to them freely.. it's called "Dog et Dog" Over my life time I've give away several idea only to see them hit the market several years later.

So what can one do to protect their ideas or inventions from being created by others.. about the only thing I've found useful is to write/type your idea on paper and simply mail it to yourself.. this is called a poor man's copy right. Just don't open the letter when you get it.. Best mail it from a post office which would verify that the letter was/is sealed and stamped by the postal worker.

I have several of these letter scattered about he house.. but is it really worth it to bring all this up if the idea was stolen.. not really. The only other alternative would be to know people in high places or know what it is you're doing to create something like this yourself. The only reason I can't jump on the bandwagon on the creation of new products or ideas, is because I have no money.. In other words.. its Damned if you do, Damned if you don't and often it just means not saying anything at all.

Lastly, even if you found someone to create this based on your above suggestion.. it would be smart of them to actually contact you and make an offer of thanks for the suggestion.. even if it's only 1% of what that other person would charge the public for your idea..

10,000.00 downloads at .99 a pop = $9,900
    Your 1% cut = $99.00
    10-04-2016 06:43 AM
    I read the OP shortly after it was posted.

Two things :

I'm pretty sure this was an app idea on the UK Dragons Den within the last year
    (I suppose I could search later)

Also while I understand the benefits, I think some people like myself will dislike the attitude or implied attitude behind people posting on or using it.
    (I'm not sure if my brain is getting this from views put by the dragons on the show, I don't remember)

A gift is a kind thought, whether money is wasted in duplication they can usually be exchanged (ala wedding gifts). It sparks of I want this and I won't like that, spoilt privilege in some cases, and peer pressure or social pressure.

Sorry to be a sour puss
    10-04-2016 07:38 AM
    Is one of you that responded the OP? I dislike that it only shows "AC Question" for the first post.
    10-04-2016 08:50 AM
    Is one of you that responded the OP? I dislike that it only shows "AC Question" for the first post.
    Pretty sure not.
    10-04-2016 09:08 AM
    Thought TOASTERvan might be the OP. I have actually started doing some design work on this idea this morning. Would definitely want to kick something back to the OP, if I ever made any money off of it.
    10-04-2016 09:13 AM