Note 7 text messaging video quality

A

AC Question

I just upgraded to the note 7 from the iphone 5 and so far I am absolutely loving it, except for one issue. Anytime I send a video the quality is absolutely horrible. You cant even make out the subject. How can i fix this without any 3rd party apps? My dinosaur iphone 5 sent better video than this.

Also sometimes when i send a screen shot the receiver can't open it because it's too big?

What's the point in having a phone with amazing video quality if you cant share it lol.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The short answer - you can't.

Long answer - the iPhone likely sent those videos using the iMessage protocol, not MMS messaging. MMS messages have to be VERY small to fit inside the protocol limits.

Solution? Send a link to the file after uploading it to a service such as Google's Photos, Google Drive, Dropbox. You could also switch to Hangouts communication using the Hangouts protocol (not using Hangouts for texting, though you can do that) and send the videos through that. That would be the "equal" to iMessage/Messages on iOS except you can use Hangouts on both platforms.