Google Play services battery drain?

A

AC Question

I have tried everything I've found on the internet, and it's still not working. I've disabled Google Now. Location is on battery saving. I've tried the GserviceFix app. None of it has worked. I've enabled Developer options to look at the stats behind Google Play services and I have attached the processes using it the most: http:// imgur com /a/wfmq4

Any and all help would be appreciated. I've been dealing with this for almost a month now.

I have an HTC One M8 with Android 5.0.2

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. That's RAM use - Android will use as much RAM as it can all the time. (Unused RAM is wasted RAM.) What would be abnormal is if it wasn't using a lot of RAM.

2. Google Services (as opposed to Google Play Services) is most of the Google additions to Linux in the phone. (We used to have individual files for everything in older versions - now everything is in one huge file.) It's not unusual for a new phone to use a lot of battery for Google Services (or even Android Services) for about a week. If that's what your phone is doing, just make sure you don't let the battery run down. (Under 40% is bad - After the first 3 charging cycles - see Is My Battery Shot? - plug the charger in when the battery gets down to around 41%,)

3. You can join Android Central for free, then post pictures here directly - see How To Post Screenshots on Android Central.

cewrobel

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
My phone is about 2 years old though, so maybe it's my battery, but this just started a month ago and GPS is not supposed to be using 35-45% battery (not RAM). I read a couple more articles and am going to try resetting the battery logic when I get home.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had Google Play Services battery drain myself, as I expect many of us have, and it can be difficult to find a fix. On one occasion, switching off Location History seemed to cure it, so try that diagnostically - if you haven't already - and tell us what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC