First off, I want to say there is a very high chance this phone is simply faulty since I bought it off Ebay. But I thought I should give it a shot before sending it back. So, the basic jist of the problem is the cell service, or calling and texting, only work when I am connected to WiFi. I went to T-Mobile to get a SIM card, installed it, and it does detect it. But, after waiting a minute or so, it simply cannot find a tower. Since I have WiFi calling, I am able to text and call while connected to WiFi. So I hope some people have an idea, because I'm out of them. Ideas tried:

Factory reset device, twice.
    Signed in to Google and T-Mobile, took updates.
    Went into connection settings, towers were enabled.

My phone is a Galaxy Grand Prime.
    10-05-2016 11:18 AM
    I assume the SIM card is connected (logically, not physically, by TMobile) to your account? If it's not, it won't find a tower. It's not just the physical presence of a card that's needed, it's a card that's in the database associated with a phone number. (And you can't have 2 cards on the same account, if you have a phone on your account. You CAN take the card out of your phone and put it into the Grand Prime, though.)
    10-05-2016 02:26 PM
    I assume the SIM card is connected (logivcally, not physically, by TMobile) to your account? If it's not, it won't find a tower. It's not just the physical presence of a card that's needed, it's a card that's in the database associated with a phone number. (And you can't have 2 cards on the same account, if you have a phone on your account. You CAN take the card out of your phone and put it into the Grand Prime, though.)
    My phone got water damaged about a month ago, it wouldn't turn on, and I just now got this one. So, there is a chance the other SIM is still working and there are two SIMs on one account. There is also the fact that the person who gave me the SIM had no idea what he was doing, so I probably have two SIMs linked to the phone. The interesting thing is that I can still text and call if I have wifi.
    10-05-2016 02:55 PM
    I assumed my old SIM card was dead, and if it isn't I may just use that one though. If I just need to remove my old SIM from my account, I can easily do that. Thanks for the help.
    10-05-2016 02:57 PM
    You can't have "two SIMs linked to the same phone", SIMs are linked to the account, and there's only space for one SIM on an account. The best way to fix a problem like this, though, is to bring the working phone into the carrier and let them sort it out. (If it's an account problem, only they can fix it, you can't.)
    10-05-2016 04:00 PM
    Seems like that's what I'll do. I'll check back with you if they can't figure it out, but I didn't have time last night to have them try to fix it.
    10-05-2016 06:39 PM