Calendar suddenly not syncing properly between Note 4 phone and tablet

A

AC Question

I have a note 4 phone and a Note tablet. I have been using it with no problem to sync my calendar. I use my gmail account as the syncing medium. Suddenly I realized, when I was double booking clients, that appointments made or updated from my tablet are not getting to my cell phone. Appointments made or updated on the cell phone do make it to the tablet. Other than forced updates on my cell phone nothing has changed in my settings or accounts.

I am successfully getting gmail mail on both devices.

suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do the events you enter on your tablet show up on the Google Calendar website on your computer browser?

Go to Settings>Accounts-Google and make sure Calendar sync is turned on. Also, in the Calendar app, tap Menu>Settings, and make sure that particular calendar is set to sync. I assume you're using S Planner (or whatever is stock on the Note 4), but on the Google Calendar app, you can select not only which calendars to display, but also which ones to keep synced.

deevee1963

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for responding. I don't typically access my calendar from my PC but I did log on and the calendar items that I entered on my tablet do show up in the my Google calendar on my PC. I am using the stock Calendar on both my Samsung Note 4 phone and tablet. On both the phone and the tablet Sync Calendar is on. If I force I sync from either end, it doesn't change anything.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's puzzling. You might want to try removing your Google account from one of the devices (in Settings>Accounts), then adding it back again.

deevee1963

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much for your help. I have been working on this for over a week inbetween working 14 hours days and deleting the account on my phone and readding it did the trick. I think something went wrong with the last phone update. Next time, I'll try that first. Much appreciated!