How many apps is too much...?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have HTC One m8 and ESfile manager reports that I have 210 apps.

My phone has been a little slow even though I have about 1/3 of phone storage memory left (16gb used from 24gb). I have greenify installed and set to hibernate apps and I'm on Marshmallow 6.0.

Just wondering how many apps is too much and if others have noticed slow performance when they have too many apps?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have 260 apps installed, about 1,000 backed up in total, but I rarely run more than a few at a time. (It's difficult to tell, since Android will keep some apps running and kill some, depending on what you're doing and how much RAM you have.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe the absolute number of installed apps matters. What probably does matter is that the more apps you install, the more likely you'll install something that's not coded very well and acts as a memory/battery hog.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe the absolute number of installed apps matters. What probably does matter is that the more apps you install, the more likely you'll install something that's not coded very well and acts as a memory/battery hog.
Good point...I have to learn to be more discerning with regard to which apps I install...

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have 260 apps installed, about 1,000 backed up in total, but I rarely run more than a few at a time. (It's difficult to tell, since Android will keep some apps running and kill some, depending on what you're doing and how much RAM you have.)
I have 245 apps on my device (none are games). It hasn't slowed down, but I don't use more than 10 apps at a time.

Cool! What phones do you have just out of interest?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy