Note 5 wont save pics...keeps saying SD card failure

A

AC Question

my work just purchased me a new note 5. if somebody send me a pic, i cant save it to gallery, i keep getting an error saying SD card failure. Any help on how to fix this?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
That would be a trick as you can't install a SD card into a Note 5. Are you certain that's the error you're seeing? Are you sure it's a Note 5 and not a Note 7, or a S5?

burnette3339

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
yes im sure its a note 5. and im sure thats the error im getting. i knew i couldnt put an sd card in it thats what blows my mind. i used the samsung switch app to transfer contacts and everything from an s5 that i had an sd card in. im guessing thats why im getting the error.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
This is actually the first time I've heard of a SD error on a Note 5. Even Google doesn't have hits on the issue.

Do only files you receive from other people cause this error? Do any photos you take on the Note 5, or those that were imported from your S5 cause the error?

burnette3339

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
This is actually the first time I've heard of a SD error on a Note 5. Even Google doesn't have hits on the issue.

Do only files you receive from other people cause this error? Do any photos you take on the Note 5, or those that were imported from your S5 cause the error?

yes its only pics i receive from other people.. any new ones work fine as does my old pics from my S5.. i cant return it, it was bought under government contract..kinda no takebacks type deal... its only my work phone not my personal so i dont use it very much i guess i will just have to deal with and screenshot anything that is sent to me...

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
What happens if you send a text to yourself and attach a photo? Can you save the photo then? This is too strange since it's only affecting text message photos. Might be a setting somewhere or a MM thing. I don't run MM, so I can't even check settings. Are you using the default text messaging app? Can you try another text app to see if you get errors saving photos to gallery? I'm assuming you are talking about text messaging when you say photos someone sends to you.

I know, a lot of humbug to change text apps, but as rusty502 mentioned, it might be hardware, although I'm thinking he's thinking of bad memory. If it was bad memory, I would think you'd see more problems with a lot of apps. He's right though, internal memory can be termed sdcard... I forgot about that, plus Note 5 + SD card, threw my brain out! LOL! Sounds more like a setting or app thing though. Could also be corrupted OS, or something like that... which might require a factory reset, or total reflash.

Beyond all of that, if it's a company phone, the IT dept should be able to replace the phone. Have you spoken to them? For a new phone, no user should have to bother with this.

Perhaps a mod needs to move this thread to the Note 5 forum for more exposure.

EDIT... Have you tried long pressing on the photo (small photo) and seeing if a menu comes up allowing you to save the attachment?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If you do not want to use a different messenger app, you can first try wiping the messaging app data via application manager.

I agree that the IT dept should be able to get your phone replaced since it's new. Business or non business.

Annie Rogers1

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I cannot receive any pictures on my gallery. When my daughter send me pictures of my grand daughter,I cannot up load it to gallery so I could print them up.please help me with this.thank you very much for your help inadvance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21