Why is WiFi saying "Connected, on Internet" but WiFi is working?

A

AC Question

On my 6p, the WiFi icon is reporting "Connected, no Internet". At first, I thought there was an issue with the WiFi, but after disabling cellular data and still being able to surf, I knew that wasn't the case.

Soooooooooo, why is my phone telling me there's no Internet (on my WiFi connection) when in fact, there is? This just started happening this morning. I'm running Nougat 7.0

I had tried forgetting the network, rebooting, and re-entering my WiFi password with no change (this is at my house).

Thanks,

Andy

prasad219

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
On my 6p, the WiFi icon is reporting "Connected, no Internet". At first, I thought there was an issue with the WiFi, but after disabling cellular data and still being able to surf, I knew that wasn't the case.

Soooooooooo, why is my phone telling me there's no Internet (on my WiFi connection) when in fact, there is? This just started happening this morning. I'm running Nougat 7.0

I had tried forgetting the network, rebooting, and re-entering my WiFi password with no change (this is at my house).

Thanks,

Andy
Mostly a software bug that will be fixed with updated in the near future. How's the experience with Nougat?