Bluetooth will not come on at all--Motorola Moto Z Force

A

AC Question

When I originally purchased the phone the bluetooth feature worked fine. Then, there were 2 software updates and now the Bluetooth function will not work at all. When I tap the bluetooth symbol, it will not come on, when I go into the function to pair a device, none of my devices are listed. I did a factory reset, which did not help. The device won't even attempt to pair and the option to refresh is grayed out. Anyone else on the VZW network have this issue? They want to send me a replacement for it, but its basically a brand new phone.

Super Saiyan Nappa

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Same thing happened on my z force too. Literally just went to turn on my Bluetooth when I got in the car and it won't turn on. Tried the data and cache clear, tried the reboots, tried the factory reset, nothing. Did the update and got screwed over and the phone is brand new, no damages, no drops, no dings, natta. I don't know what they did in the update but they screwed something up. Would like a fix for this asap.

Sschunk

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I have same problem with my z force. I have 14 days to return it. Nobody can seem to figure out the problem. Going back to Samsung..I don't need this headache. It is a MUST for me to have it pair in my car

Turbosoob

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
Having sand problem here. Got the phone over the summer and Bluetooth worked fine. Then about a month ago it wouldn't hold a consistent connection with Android watch or car. Now it doesn't connect at all.

So looks like I'll need to talk to Verizon as well.

Jake711

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
After having Windows Phones for the last couple years, and really liking them, my HTC wouldn't hold a charge anymore and the Verizon guy hyped up the Moto Z and I was suckered.

It does not stay connected to my trucks Bluetooth, and WI Fi is spotty at best. The battery life even with the "Mod" isn't great.

After resets and being to Verizon 4 times, I'm turning my old Windows Phone back on and retuning this unit.

Android is still, after all this time, a mess. And it doesn't matter who made the phone, the QC is all over the place.

At least my old HTC could stay connected and the hands free worked.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Add me to this list!! :( All of a sudden, none of my bluetooth devices are connecting to my Moto Z. Despite removing, re-pairing, wiping cache, clearing data and 2 hours on the phone with Motorola's tech support. I had no choice but to file a claim and get a new device sent to me. (I hope it's not a refurb since I purchased it directly from Motorola). :-\

Sdog62

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same problem, very disconcerting to hear others have had it as well. Mine started yesterday when I could not hear phone calls on my Bluetooth Alpine car deck. The streaming of music still worked though. Now this morning I can't turn Bluetooth on and none of my devices show up. Taking to the Verizon store and I will follow-up if I find any relevant information.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Before you take it in - try these (these are all steps that they'll probably have you try anyway):

Clear Cache Partition: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/112125

Try to reproduce the problem in Safe Mode: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-205241/&token=02HMysyc

Repair/restore OS with the Motorola Verizon Software Upgrade / Repair Assistant: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-209216/&token=FX9rGs-x

Factory Data Reset: https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solution/MS112157

jstar1000

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
I too was having the same issue but when I rebooted in safe mode I could use my bluetooth so I knew it was an app causing the issue. I deleted several apps that I recently downloaded and so far it seems to have fixed the issue.