Why can't I put music as a ringtone?

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy 6s Edge plus phone. I bought it like 2 months ago. I try to put music that I have downladed from apps from the Play Store. I go to "Settings" and click where it says "Sounds and Notifications". I click on "Ringtones and Sounds". When I click on a lot of menus appear such as Ringtone, Default Notification sound, etc. When I pressed on "Ringtone", it says "Unfortunally, the process anddroid.process.media has stoped". I can't change my ringtone! I need help with thse please.

Count Chokula

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
You can copy your downloaded music to the Ringtones folder located in your phone's device storage. Go to My Files, then Device Storage, and locate the folder where your downloaded music is located. Highlight (or checkmark) the music you want, then select copy. Go back to My Files, then Device Storage, and scroll down until you see a folder labelled Ringtones. Select the Move Here option (top right).

Now when you go to notifications and settings, you should see the music file you want for setting as a ringtone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where exactly are you downloading music from? If you downloaded it in your Google Play Music app, you can't use those files for your ringtone--those downloaded tracks are only for use by the Play Music app. You have to download the mp3 file on your computer first (from your Google Play Music library website), then copy that mp3 file to your Ringtones directory via USB connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC