Galaxy S5 screen is dimming from time to time

A

AC Question

Hi
Have a strange problem.

From time to time, the screen of Galaxy S5 phone is "dimming" i.e. getting very dark and basically unusable. Only when looking at the screen in such a state in a dark room, one can see that the screen is actually operational (you see "shadows" of the application). No way to use.

This normally happens just for few minutes, but sometimes longer. Not clear how the phone recovers (no specific operation I noted). Just recovers. Once "recovered", the screen looks good. Tried to test the sensors (with normal screen), no apparent issue detected.

Thanks for any hint,
Max

Claude Speed

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Have a strange problem.

From time to time, the screen of Galaxy S5 phone is "dimming" i.e. getting very dark and basically unusable. Only when looking at the screen in such a state in a dark room, one can see that the screen is actually operational (you see "shadows" of the application). No way to use.

This normally happens just for few minutes, but sometimes longer. Not clear how the phone recovers (no specific operation I noted). Just recovers. Once "recovered", the screen looks good. Tried to test the sensors (with normal screen), no apparent issue detected.

Thanks for any hint,
Max
Try to turn off automatic brightness

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude