Why I am not able to move the app to SD card completely?

A

AC Question

I own a Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 model headset. Even if I move the app to SD card the data still remain in the internal storage >> Android >> data folder. For example I installed Asphalt 8 game and moved it to my SD card. But the data remains in internal storage >> Android >> data which consumes a lot of disk space.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. At the OS level, apps are set to install on the internal storage. When you opt to move data to your SD card, you are creating a redirect, so to speak, for the OS to look elsewhere for the corresponding data. It wasn't until Marshmallow that an SD card could be adopted into the main storage of a device.

Are you on MM now?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Adaptive storage" is more of an advertising gimmick than a major change in Android, the way I see it. They should have gotten some developers who were familiar with SunOS to develop it. (You can specify the storage device or let the OS default it - and the OS runs the program regardless of where it is). I think External2Internal SD is better than AS (but you have to be rooted). You can take an 8GB phone, throw in a 128GB card and have a 128GB phone (as far as the phone is concerned, internal storage [SD0] is the card).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995