Galaxy S6 Constantly Switching / Alternating Between WiFi and 4G (Wireless)

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy S6 with Android version 6.0.1. The problem started about 2 months ago. The phone constantly switches between WiFi and 4G... You can see the little icons at the top of the screen blinking as the signals alternate.

The constant switching makes my battery drain super fast. Can drain the whole phone in a couple hours. I also can't send pictures via SMS when the switching problem happens.

Things I have done to try and fix the problem:
1)clear partition cache
2) turned off smart network switch
3) Turned off Wifi and bluetooth scanning.
4)Complete system factory reset.

Thus far only the factory reset has helped - but it's a complete pain to do and then the problem comes back later....

Does any one have the same issue or know of a solution?

Burnrub

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the Duplicate threads..

I put the phone into safe mode and the problem appears to have stopped for now. does this mean I have an app that is casusing the switching issue or something else? Thanks for your help.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the Duplicate threads..

I put the phone into safe mode and the problem appears to have stopped for now. does this mean I have an app that is casusing the switching issue or something else? Thanks for your help.

Welcome as a new member. :)

Yes. Return to normal mode, then uninstall whichever app is causing the trouble. There lies the rub, of course: identifying the app....but it may help to start with whatever app you downloaded just before the trouble started.
Clear Cache, Clear Data, and Force Stop before tapping Uninstall.

Burnrub

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You have been super helpful... I think i figured it out...

I am currently using ATT as my carrier, but I had a Verizon messenger app on the phone (since that was my last carrier and I liked the functionality of the app.) The app has always worked fine when I sent texts, BUT i think when I've tried to send pics using the VZ messenger app, it somehow isn't compatible and caused the problem!