Sorry, You Cannot Add this Image to Your Message

shandycat

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Droid Turbo 2 for about six weeks now. Up until yesterday I was able to snag images I saw on Facebook and share them via text. Now I get this message.

My method has always been this: See a funny meme or something on Facebook I want to share, tap to isolate it, tap the three dots in the upper right corner and choose "share external," choose my text recipient, it attached as an SMS (I believe), then send. No problem. Now I get this message at the point when I choose the recipient.

My boyfriend also has the exact same phone (we got a joint plan and received identical phones at the same time) and has no problems.

- I'm not getting any messages about data limit exceeded (have used 0.63GB of 12GB plan)
- I have used 10GB of 24GB device storage
- I've cleared the cache in the Message+ app
- I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Facebook app
- I'm on Android version 6.0 (no updates available when I try)

I've seen the suggestion to Clear Data in the app settings, but it says it will "Delete all app data. All this app's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases, etc." Does anyone know just how much damage this will cause? I get that I'll lose my messages and settings, but will I also lose my contacts? Will it essentially destroy the phone and make it unusable, as most "fixes" seem to do on Androids? Will it create six weeks' worth of reconfiguring to get back to where I started?

I just don't want to go this route YET, if there's another less-invasive fix.

Thanks!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz