Help boo tloop and fail odin!

A

AC Question

So I have a Samsung tab 2 10.1 and it went on a bootloop.No hard reset or anyhting else worked so i searched the internet and found a solution about installing again stock rom with odin. So I downloaded odin and the stock rom and at first i got a failed message. Then I found instructions about using the hidden.img.tar file so I did this and after 2 seconds odin show message of succes, the tablet restarted on its own and went on boot loop. But the instructions I 've read said that this would happen and I should do after this wipe data and then it would be ok. BUT it isn't. Does anyone has any idea on how to fix my tablet?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
There's another piece of Samsung software you can try, Smart Switch.
Download it to your pc, run it and select emergency firmware recovery and follow the instructions.
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

kapablanca

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
My tablet is old (it was released in 2012) so there was a message that my device is not compatible with Smart Switch and to download Kies. I downloaded Kies but Kies can't identify my device, it shows me that is trying to connect with the device but nothing happens.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Kies and Odin don't like each other. Uninstall Odin and reboot and try Kies again. Samsungs are choosy when it comes to cables. Make sure you are using the one that came with the tablet. Also, as cables fail, try another

kapablanca

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
well Odin is not installed, I downloaded zip file and just run the programm. I use the official Samsung calbe that came with the device . If cable was the problem then when I used Odin it wouldn't show me the device

kapablanca

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
When I tried at first flashing the file I downloaded at halfpoint odin had a fail message and I did it again and again with the same results. And the I read about taking the hidden file and doing it and again no results.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I'm starting to struggle for a solution. Can you clarify whether you have flashed the ROM with and without the hidden.img file?
It's strange why Kies can't see the tablet when Odin could.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Install Odin and find the ROM file for your device - it has to be for exactly the same device. If Odin can't flash that, you probably have a hardware failure in the tab and need a new motherboard. (Considering that it's 4-1/2 years old, it may not pay.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad