Has anyone experienced text messages changing from english to chinese?

A

AC Question

In this case, it's an iPhone6 to Android, Samsung6 and another one is a Samsung 7. It's happening with 2 of my contacts but no one else. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Vanoodles

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
It just started happening to me last night. From my Samsung s5, two of my contacts are getting my longer text messages in chinese. I've tried running antivirus apps and restarted, but it's still happening. You're not alone!

Laura Doss

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
It's happening to mine too. Mine is a sumsung S5 active using AT&T. For a few days now. I've even copy and pasted the same message to a few different people and it's inconsistent. people with different phones and operating systems have been seeing my texts that are 2 or 3 sentences long show up as chinese, but not my shorter messages. 3 of the 6 people did NOT receive my text in Chinese. One has a Samsung S5 using Sprint, another has AT&T with an iphone 6 (although the issue was first noticed after sending to husband with AT&T and iPhone6), another has AT&T with Samsung note 4. So operating system, phone, and provider doesn't seem to make much difference.

CMel72

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
A friend and I have been experiencing the same we both have Android/AT&T. Only difference is that I was sending Chinese where she was receiving Chinese. Here's what I did tonight that seem to fix my issue. I assume the issue started with the new version update but not sure. I sent to Settings...Language and Input....I clicked on Samsung keyboard because underneath it stated Multiple Languages. I scrolled through to make sure only ENGLISH(US) was selected and it was...but once I exited I no longer sent Chinese texts to my friends. I know it sounds odd, but that's the only thing I did. Good Luck!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara